Where do I even begin...? I'm so obsessed with these delicious chocolate chip blondies which is originally discovered on the California Table blog, and slightly adapted. Basically they are the love child of brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Crunchy on top, moist and dense on the inside, and perfectly delicious. I recently made them for a Hanukkah party and i literally had to make another batch before the party, because most of them were already devoured. I never expected them to be such a hit with all the children and adult alike. No one could guess that they are gluten free, and everyone asked me for the recipe. So there it is. Of course, you can make this with regular all-purpose flour.
Oh, and did I mention they are super easy to make?
11tbs butter, at room temperature (2/3 cup)
2 cups brown sugar, i prefer dark
2 1/3 (327 grams) cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs, at room temperature
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350F° (175C°)
1. Cream the butter and the brown sugar in an electric mixer with the paddle attachment on high about 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. While the mixture is blending, grease a 12x8 pan (sheet pan or pyrex will work) with butter.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, to the brown sugar and butter mixture and blend on low just until well combined.
5. Add the flour mixture slowly, 1/2 cup at a time, and blend on low until combined. (do not put it all in once!)
6. Add the chocolate chips and pecans and blend on low just until combined.
7. Transfer the batter to your greased pan, and insert into the hot oven.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes (start checking at 25min), until the dough is lightly browned ,and a wood toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Let the pan cool completely before cutting them into squares. Store in air-tight container.
Note: If you prefer your blondies a tad moist, check for doneness after 25min. I usually bake them for just 30min, but if your oven is very powerful, or you are using the turbo setting, they may be ready in less time.