This cake is simply divine. It's moist, buttery, delicate, and no one would ever believe it is gluten-free. The caramelized pears add incredible flavor and elegance to this cake. You can make this with apples or peaches as well. This recipe yields two 9 inch loafs.
12oz softened butter
5 pears, peeled and cut to 3/4 inch squares
1/3 cup honey
1 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
1 tbs brandy
Preheat the oven to 320F (160C)
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the pears and honey.
2. Cook the pears, stirring occasionally until they are caramelized, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat to let cool slightly
3. In a bowl of a stand mixer, place the remaining butter and sugar cream on medium speed for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
5. Add the salt, baking powder, flour and brandy and blend until fully incorporated.
6. Add the caramelized pears along with its liquids and gently mix together.
7. Pour the batter into 2 well greased 9 inch loaf pan.
8. Bake for 50 minutes until a wood toothpick inserted to the center of the cake comes out dry.