Baked Parmesan Zucchini Chips
You are going to love these! Crispy, spicy and so satisfying!! I admit they are not exactly chips, you get more veggie here than with typical chips, but that is what makes them so good (and good for you)!! You will probably want to double up, because they are hard to resist!
1 large zucchini
1/3 cup grated parmesan
1/4 cup bread crumbs (I use gluten free)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Heat the oven to 400F (200C)
1. Slice the zucchini to thin rounds, approx 2/8 thick. Dab with paper towel to dry them
2. In a medium bowl lightly beat the egg with a pinch of salt, garlic and smoked paprika
3. Add the zucchini slices and toss to fully coat them in the egg
4. In a shallow plate mix the cheese, breadcrumbs, smoked paprika, garlic, salt and pepper
5. Coat the zucchini slices, on or two at a time, with the parmesan & breadcrumbs mix. Use one hand to gently push the coating so it sticks.
6. Place the coated zucchini on a sheet pan with parchment paper.
7. With your fingers, sprinkle the remaining coating mix on top of the zucchini
8. Bake for about 15min, turn the zucchini and continue to bake another 5-10min until they are crispy.